Club: Como 1907 | Opening: 1927 | Capacity: 8,028 seats
History and description
Stadio G. Sinigaglia got built in 1927 at the behest of Benito Mussolini. The stadium officially opened on 30 July 1927. The stadium was oval-shaped and included a cycling track around the pitch.
The stadium remained largely unchanged until 1990 when the main stand got demolished and replaced with a new one. In the mid-1990s the same was done with the stand on the other side.
In 2002, the concrete western curve behind the goal got demolished and replaced with a new tubular stand.
During Como’s last Serie A season capacity was 18,000, which got later reduced to 13,600, though official capacity for the league is 8,028 seats.
How to get to Stadio G. Sinigaglia
Stadio G. Sinigaglia is located on the shores of Lake Como on the western edge of Como’s city centre. The walk from any city centre location takes 15 minutes at most.
Como has two major railway stations: Como S. Giovanni and Como Lago. Como S. Giovanni lies just west of the city centre at a few hundred metres from the stadium. Regional and long-distance trains stop here. Trains to Como S. Giovanni depart from Milano Centrale or Garibaldi stations and take about 40 minutes to arrive.
Como Lago station lies on the other side of the city centre, though still only a short walk away from the stadium. It is served by regional commuter trains from Milan Cardona railway station. The journey takes about an hour.
Como tickets can be bought online through Vivaticket, or in person at the club office at the stadium.
Tickets are also available at the stadium on the day before the start of the match.
Tickets range in price from € 9.00 for a seat behind the goal to € 28.00 for a seat at the main stand.
Photos of Stadio G. Sinigaglia
Useful Internet links
Comofootball.com – Official website of Como 1907.