Club: Dumbarton FC | Opening: 2000 | Capacity: 2,025 seats
History and description
Bet Butler Stadium has been the home of Dumbarton since 2000, when it replaced Dumbarton’s old Boghead Park, which in turn had been home to the club since 1878.
The stadium was initially called Strathclydes Homes Stadium, but changed names in 2012 when Strathclydes Homes went into receivership.
Bet Butler Stadium consists of one covered all-seater stand, with the other three sides left open.
Dumbarton has in the past tentatively investigated moving again to a new stadium at a different site, but currently does not seem to have concrete plans to do so.
Bet Butler Stadium sits at the foot of Dumbarton Rock at just a hundred metres from Dumbarton Castle.
It is located about half a mile from Dumbarton’s town centre and central rail station. The walk takes 15 minutes at most.
Very regular trains run between Glasgow Queen Street station and Dumbarton Central. The journey takes about half an hour.
If arriving by car from the direction of Glasgow, take the A82 in eastern direction and then the A814 (Glasgow Road) toward the town of Dumbarton. Drive underneath the railroad tracks and then take the second left into Victoria Street, following the sign for Dumbarton Castle. The stadium lies at the end of Victoria Street.
Address: Castle Road, Dumbarton, G82 1JJ
Tickets for Dumbarton games can be bought on the gate on the day of the match. All tickets cost £15.00.
Relevant Internet links