Estadio Julio César Villagra
Club: Club Atlético Belgrano | Opening: 1929 | Capacity: 24,000
History and description
Estadio Julio César Villagra, generally referred to as El Gigante de Alberdi, officially opened on the 17th of March 1929. About 10,000 spectators attended the first match between Belgrano and Estudiantes de la Plata (1-6).
The stadium underwent a last renovation in 1997.
El Gigante de Alberdi is located in central Córdoba, about 2.5 kilometres west from the city centre. The stadium lies alongside a small river that runs through the city and will be easy to locate. The walk from the centre should take less than half an hour.
Address: Arturo Orgaz 464, Córdoba
Tickets for Belgrano matches can be bought from a few days before the match at the ticket windows of the stadium. If tickets remain, which is generally the case, these can also be bought on the gate on the day of the match.
A standing place costs AR$60.00, a seat either AR$100.00 or AR$150.00.
For certain high-profile matches, e.g. the home match against Boca Juniors, Belgrano tends to move to the larger Estadio Mario Alberto Kempes. In that case, the sale of tickets is (also or exclusively) at the ticket windows of Estadio Mario Kempes.
Relevant Internet links
Portalceleste.com.ar – Official website of CA Belgrano.