Club: FC Zoria Luhansk | Opening: 1951 | Capacity: 22,288 seats
History and description
Stadion Avanhard opened in March 1951, but was initially only a modest stadium with a capacity of 7,447 places.
The stadium received its present name in 1962, and five years later, in 1967, got expanded to a capacity of 40,000.
Stadion Avanhard has received two further renovations since, the first in 1986 and the second in 2003, which have reduced capacity to its current total.
Stadion Avanhard is located about 1.5 kilometres south-east of Luhansk’s city centre along Оборонная avenue, one of Luhank’s principal avenues.
Luhansk’s main railway station lies further away on the north-western edge of Luhansk´s city centre at about 3.5 kilometres from the stadium. Minibus taxi 150 and 152 run from the station to the stadium.
Daily (though not frequent) direct trains connect Luhansk with, for example, Kiev, Donetsk, and Kharkiv.
Address: г. Луганск, ул. Оборонная, 4-В
Tickets for Zoria Luhansk matches can be bought at the club office at the stadium.
Tickets cost either UAH 15.00 for a seat at one of the curves or UAH 25.00 to UAH 30.00 for a seat at one of the sides.
Relevant Internet links
Zarya-Lugansk.com – Official website of FC Zoria Luhansk.