Stade Yves Allainmat
Club: FC Lorient | Opening: 1959 | Capacity: 18,500
History and description
Stade Yves Allainmat, then still known as Stade du Moustoir, opened in July 1959. It replaced Lorient’s previous Parc des Sports that had fallen into disrepair. The stadium could initially hold 6,000 fans, and had a cycling track running around the pitch.
Stade du Moustoir hardly changed in the following decades. It was only when Lorient promoted to Ligue 1 in 1998 that the stadium got considerably renovated, which meant the construction of two new stands. At the same time, the cycling tracks were removed.
In 2009, the club started the construction of a new south stand, which raised capacity to its current total. The club also changed its natural pitch for an artificial one.
Stade Yves Allainmat is located right in the centre of the small city of Lorient. The stadium lies on the western edge of the city centre and a few blocks south of the train station.
There are direct train connections from major cities such as Paris, Rennes, Quimper, and St-Brieuc.
If arriving by car from the E60 motorway, take exit 43 toward Lorient. Follow the signs for the centre and Moustoir.
Address: Stade Yves Allainmat, 56323 Lorient cedex
Tickets can also be bought on the gate on the day of the match. Lorient’s attendances are very reasonable, but they rarely sell out.
Ticket prices range from €20.00 for a seat behind the goal to €60.00 for a central seat at the main stand. A ticket for one of the small standing sections in the corners costs €10.00.
For more information call +33 (0) 2 97 35 27 00.
Relevant Internet links