Club: Villarreal CF | Opening: 1923 | Capacity: 25,000 seats
History and description
Estadio El Madrigal opened on the 17th of June 1923 with a match between CD Castellón and El Cervantes. The stadium was initially named Campo del Villarreal, but this got soon changed to the current name.
Estadio El Madrigal was first renovated in 1952, and further enlarged in the 1960s and 1970s.
The most important redevelopments took place in the 1990s when nearly the whole stadium was reconstructed, resulting in its current form. Works finished in the summer of 1999.
Estadio El Madrigal is located toward the north of the small town of Vila-real. It is a 20-minute walk from the railway station, and a 10-minute walk from the town centre.
Address: Calle Blasco Ibáñez 2, 12540 Villarreal (Vila-real)
Tickets for Villarreal games can be bought online, by phone +34 964 524 000, at the club shop at the stadium, or at the Villarreal shop at shopping centre Salera (the latter with larger opening times).
Tickets are also available on the gate from two hours before the start of the match. Villarreal is unlikely to sell out in the Segunda División.
Ticket prices depend on the opponent, but typically costs between €40.00 to €70.00.
Relevant Internet links