Estadio Tomás Adolfo Ducó
Club: Club Atlético Huracán | Opening: 1947 | Capacity: 48,314
History and description
Estadio Tomás Adolfo Ducó got built in the early 1940s after Huracán had purchased the site of the new stadium in 1939 and laid the first stone in 1941.
The first match at the still unfinished Estadio Tomás A. Ducó was played between Huracán and Boca Juniors (4-3) on the 7th of September 1947.
Works were finally completed two years later and the stadium officially opened on the 11th of November 1949 with a friendly between Huracán and Peñarol (4-1).
Estadio Tomás A. Ducó has hardly changed since apart from some small improvements made in 1977. It was declared a protected heritage site in 2007.
Estadio Tomás A. Ducó is located in the Parque Patricios area in the south of the city of Buenos Aires (Capital Federal). It lies about 5 kilometres from Buenos Aires’ city centre (microcentro), a little less from the San Telmo area, and a little more from the Palermo and Recoleta areas situated in the north of the city.
The stadium can be reached with metro (subte) line H. Station Caseros lies a short 10-minute walk from the stadium. Line H connects with line A and E a little further north, which in turn connect with microcentro.
Address: Amancio Alcorta 2570, Parque Patricios, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Relevant Internet links
Clubahuracan.com.ar – Official website of Club Atlético Huracán.
Bue.gov.ar – Official website of the city of Buenos Aires.
Subte.com.ar – Information on the Buenos Aires metro network.
Comoviajo.com – Public transport journey planner